18th April 2017, 13:14
Part-time Heritage Job Vacancy
Join CCCT's vibrant team!
Calderdale Community Coaching Trust are looking for a new member of their team! If you're passionate about 'Fax and the Club's rich history, it could be a perfect role for you!
Job Title: Part Time Heritage Coordinator
Location: The Shay Stadium, Halifax
Reports to: Projects Manager
Responsible For: Volunteers
Fixed Term To: July 2018
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Deliver required components of the Thrum Hall 13 project working with a range of strategic and delivery partners in the community.
- Maximise additional opportunities as identified through the course of the project to support heritage learning.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Work with local education and heritage professionals to form an education programme based on ‘Thrum Hall 13’ for primary and secondary school students in the Calderdale area.
- Deliver education programme to schools, working with teachers to ensure programme contributed to the curriculum being delivered.
- Deliver a volunteer programme to recruit and deploy participants in the community to liaise with the public on capturing memories.
- Coordinate a training and development programme to volunteers.
- Collate materials required for online resources.
- Work with marketing department to form and implement project marketing plan.
PRINCIPAL HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, with specific responsibility for the health safety and welfare of all personnel within their control including themselves and for ensuring the overall safe and compliant planning, implementation and monitoring of all activities.
- Reports all accidents and/or incidents and near misses in accordance with RFL procedures.
PRINCIPAL ‘LINE MANAGEMENT’ ACTIVITIES
- To deliver/collate appropriate levels and range of departmental performance based reporting and associated information. Contribute to the preparation and delivery of monthly reports and key performance indicators to the Calderdale Community Coaching Trust manager.
- The overall managing and undertaking of line management activities for volunteers within their control. To lead, manage and motivate the performance of their volunteers by setting and reviewing targets and objectives, maintaining discipline, communicating appropriately.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining robust and effective paths of information, communication and dissemination within CCCT, Halifax RLFC and other key partners.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity and to ensuring that the culture, philosophy and processes within the club are free from bias and discrimination. The post holder’s duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the clubs Equal Opportunities Policy.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The post holder will not directly line manage other coaches or members of staff, however, the post holder will be expected to undertake a leadership role for the volunteers in the project.
Line Management and Operation of the post
- Day to day management will be carried out by Calderdale Community Coaching Trust through the Projects Manager.
- Direct project reporting may at time be required to the steering group.
KNOWLEDGE OF RUGBY FOOTBALL LEAGUE
- Understanding of Halifax RLFC and Thrum Hall is desirable, but not essential.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE (NON SPORTS RELATED)
- Knowledge of the heritage of the local area.
- Experience in capturing oral history.
- Experience of recruiting and managing volunteers with knowledge of key stakeholders whom can support this process.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with organisations and/or individuals
- Ability to prioritise work effectively in order to achieve short, medium and long term objectives
- Experience and knowledge of the education system and community sports clubs
- Knowledge and experience of equality issues within sport
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- A full, valid driving licence
- Education to degree level
- Evidence of taking further personal development opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills and administration ability
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Computer literate – working knowledge of Microsoft word, power point, excel and outlook
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team
The appointment will be subject to an advanced DBS check.
Please email all applications to CCCT Project Manager Chris Mitchell, on firstname.lastname@example.org